Would you take a Pioneer 8400MP or a Alpine 7995 (or 7894)?

nofriends46
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
It seems, everyone is going alpine over the pioneer because it loads faster etc... And the pioneer is pretty with the displays and slow on the loading for the mp3. And they mention you will get tired of the displays.. What would you go for?? I was considering the 7995 or the 7984.....I want SQ and fast loading mp3, and i know i wil get tired of the displays....

Thanks for your reply!!

I think i'm gonna get the 7995 because its very nice, i always wanted to get the premiere deck but i heard its slow with the mp3s and i know i will get tired of the dsiplays... But anyways, what kind of eq it has, i know its a bass engine something. But what does it perform.. like boom etc....

Or you want to write anything that is good about it, features displays etc... fast loading mp3s....

When you put a cd in it takes several seconds to recognize it, but switching between songs is very fast about 3 seconds. Eq...it has bass and treble. Display is OK, dot matrix I believe is the term for it, not very flashy. It is silver and blue and very nice looking...erm...lots of subwoofer control, crossover, etc...digital time correction (which I haven't messed with yet).

Sounds Cool!! I got a panasonic with the 3d displays, its kinda to bright for me and i get tired of the displays...Time to move on, but i only had for like maybe 6-7 months.....

Does the mp3 sounds good..... than the regular cds...... are the regular cds sounds better...... some people mention that 94....... sounds dull on the mp3........what about the 95? I wonder what bitrates they are using......160 above for me when i DL music......

Alpines 7995 needs an external amp. if you have one it is brilliant

I have a 7894 and i love it. The features are excelent and so is the quality of it. There is soo many options on it, its sort of agrivating.

Originally posted by nofriends46 Does the mp3 sounds good..... than the regular cds...... are the regular cds sounds better...... some people mention that 94....... sounds dull on the mp3........what about the 95? I wonder what bitrates they are using......160 above for me when i DL music......
I can't tell a difference on mine, you need a really good system to be able to notice a difference. I use 320 when possible and never below 192.

Originally posted by mattj Alpines 7995 needs an external amp. if you have one it is brilliant

I have a 7894 and i love it. The features are excelent and so is the quality of it. There is soo many options on it, its sort of agrivating.
It's true the 7995 has no internal amp, most high-end decks, don't. There are a couple reasons: 1. you don't want that amp heating up your deck, and 2. if you're buying a highend deck, you're most likely going to be using an external amp instead of the measly 4x22rms that most decks put out

If you think the 7984 has lots of features, checkout the 7995 or 7998.

Question, I've got a 1997 F-150 lariat w/the "ford premium sound system" aka..it has a built in amp for the speakers. Would it be possible (wise?) to run the 7995 off this amp?

little late, but I would have to lean towards the Pioneer, the HD units are closely matched but the Pioneer will win on flexibality and signal quality, I am not saying the Alpine is bad just that the Pioneer is better,

oh and Jdg784, the amplifer in your truck is a JBL factory amp, not aftermarket, meaning that it won't have an RCA input, so if you want to use that amp your going to have to find a way to get signal to it, unless you get some crazy wiring adapter for the head unit, chances are your going to need to purchase a new amp and have to rewire the speakers, my explorer came with a JBL system and so did the Mountaineer, both JBL amps were scrapped for better amplifers with much more wattage, the difference is night and day

had a alpine dealer here, and he said the alpine is better for signal with the gold rcas in the back for the 7995, it sounds even better than the 7897 i think it was...I still debating what to get.... had some users use both.... i notice they all switch to the alpines and they are very happy with it....

obviously if the guy works for alpine then hes gonna say his is better. Nah, just joking. But i have had both kind of decks and i definately think that the pioneer is much better. I also like their speakers. And to the guy who has the ford premium speakers ect., it would sound really good putting an amp to the factory speakers as long as you dont play it TOO loud. Matt.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.