Would this be a good match for the Alpine MRV-M500 amp?

Did U look up how much that sub cost new? Just buy it brand new
You know my problem seems to be a box. If I buy a specific subwoofer, I can't build a custom box for it, and I imagine it would be pretty expensive to have one custom built. I think these are around 130-150 without the box. Just the fact that it has a custom tuned box specific to that sub is kind of appealing. Or what do you recommend box wise if I bought the sub new? This sub is $150 on Amazon. I figured a box is at least another $100. This one the guy is selling is 3 months old with the box.

Id buy a BNIB Squbed HDS210,or 12,and have a tuned ported box made for it for under $200 bucks, and should sound really nice on that amp you have..Get a DVC4 ohm sub, and it will run just fine off that amp you have @2ohms mono.Trend boxes are junk in my experiences.You can get a cut sheet/design from a box builder for under 50 bucks, and have Lowes, or HDepot cut the pieces and you can put it together yourself easily with very min tools, and sound and perform 3-5 times better than that prefabbed box, and get a warranty on your sub..I think a BNIB SQubed HDS210 is less than 100 bucks shipped.You might spend a weekend with some minor tools to build a hella box that that sub will perform nicely in

I dont even think Atrend uses 3/4 to begin with,to be honest?5/32 at best from my remembering/used in the past,and last maybe a few months until you have to reseal the joker due to using staples and cheap glue to hold it together,and half azzed sealing it up,and poorly tuned

You know my problem seems to be a box. If I buy a specific subwoofer, I can't build a custom box for it, and I imagine it would be pretty expensive to have one custom built. I think these are around 130-150 without the box. Just the fact that it has a custom tuned box specific to that sub is kind of appealing. Or what do you recommend box wise if I bought the sub new? This sub is $150 on Amazon. I figured a box is at least another $100. This one the guy is selling is 3 months old with the box.
I can hook you up with a custom ported. Very affordable. Pm me if interested.

The sub is probably 1200 rms and your amp is 500 rms X 1 at 2 ohms. Very underpowered

32f168bfbd7c5e14447dd5f3b5eca5e7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
be5138bd3499327fa2da63e2c382b674.jpg

Thats a prefabricated junk box not a custom tuned box. Anything with atrend = prefab aka junk.

Thats a prefabricated junk box not a custom tuned box. Anything with atrend = prefab aka junk.
ive seen some companies sell pre-made boxes that are actually high quality mdf, sealed joints, kerfed ports etc. at that point they're 200-300 i think, so id still rather just have a custom box made imo

i was told DD sells the boxes, but i could of heard wrong or they have a sub contractor who does it

ive seen some companies sell pre-made boxes that are actually high quality mdf, sealed joints, kerfed ports etc. at that point they're 200-300 i think, so id still rather just have a custom box made imo
i was told DD sells the boxes, but i could of heard wrong or they have a sub contractor who does it
Attrend builds for DD & SQ.

Attrend builds for DD & SQ.
I had an atrend on a 12" CVR and on a 12" L7 and they are actually not that bad for a prefab. For someone who can not build its probably a decent option compared to all of the China crap on the market.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.