Would the high low i used cause the amp to heat up?

Participant count
  • Participant list

kgcolbyIII
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I have a question, iv tripple checked ALL my wires. Onlything i can think of is this..

Is it possible for my high low to cause my amp to heat up?

subs 400-500RMS@4ohms

Amps 520RMS@4ohm

But it will be cool then out of nowhere it will get SUPER hot and the volume will just drop on it.

Went to the shop and had them even tune it /w the amp/deck and it was running just fine and then randomly as i was driving the bass went WAY down. Went back and they said it could possibly be the high low i used. I bought it at frys so i didnt think it woul be a generic version since its the one they use.

Also please note this isnt the first amp iv tried. Also had the Crunch 1000.2//alpine MRP-500M// and now audiofonic 2844

tried 2 different subs.

also maybe something is different installing into the new ford focus im not noticing? its not built in amp. iv checked that.

well, if the loc is shorting with vibration, then sending a super-clipped signal, then maybe.... they do[i/] go bad.... my buddy originally got a 4ch loc, and just switchex channels when it went out a year later, lol....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.