Would A Second Battery Be Enough For A 1800wrms System

I'm trying to figure out if one extra battery in the rear would be enough for a 1800wrms system. I would go the route of upgrading to a new alternator but unfortunately they do not make a high output alternator for my car. The sub that I'm gonna be running is one 12" PSI Platform 2 high performance version. Would one XS power battery in the rear be sufficient enough for this sub? The car has a 90a alternator from the research I've done; also from the research I've done I would need at least 140amp alternator minimum to run this system but they don't make anything for it.

Any help is appreciated thanks in advanced.

You need to get ahold of Jonathan Patrick of CES (Custom Electric Services). He builds/rebuilds HO alts, better pricing than competitors. He's only on FB tho.

To answer your question another battery should be ok.

I wouldn't even go as far as adding another battery. If you've got the space and money for it, go right ahead. If it was me, I'd replace my main battery with something around 100ah, do big 3 and be done with it.

Batteries don't do much until the alt's maxed out (or dead).

High quality batteries are good -- retailers will certainly confirm that, but it won't save an alt that's working twice as hard as it was intended.

I've been running ~1500 for years, never with a HO alt.

I just identify the cheapest lifetime warranty replacement option and plan on putting in a new one every year or two.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.