Worst Headache Ever, Please Help...

SirSmokeAlot420
10+ year member

Nyte Eyes Car Audio
All right heres what I have.

A 2000 Dodge Stratus SE, with a Pioneer HU, Audiobahn 400.4T 4ch amp, Rockford Fosgate 800a2 (rated 1200watt, oldschool fosgate), 2 10" Audiobahn DVC 600w rms, pair of 6 1/2 Polk Audio DB Series Component set "Fronts", pair of 6x9's Polk Audio DB Series "mids". Stinger Digital Cap, 3 Stinger Distr blocks, Monster RCA's, ect..

Heres my problem.

I'm curently hearing engine whine out of my speakers. I have perfect grounds. bare metal no paint. 4ga power and ground. RCA's ran no where near any power source. brand new equipment. also a Ground loop isolator inline with the rcas before the hu.

Now if you have any ideas or suggestions please don't hessitate to leave a message. I would really like the help. This isn't my first install and i've also gone to many audio shops and none can figure it out. So if you have any ideas or suggestions please help me out by leaving them here for me to read thanks all and hope to read some helpfull information very soon..

see if the wires behind the h.u. are running near anything suspicious in dash?- move some wires around behind head unit?

BeanII, Thats why i have the Distrobution blocks... Thanks though.

60ndown, I've tried that nothing suspicious back there...

See what i mean, I can't kill the noise i've pretty much tried everything in the book..

I think the rumor about Pioneer HU's is true, faulty equipment and very very touchy.

have you regrounded the HU to the negative on the battery yet? does the noise stop if you unplug the RCAs? if it does, then the problem is at the HU. If it doesnt, then the problem is at the amp.

Could be a bad set of RCA's as well.

Could also be the Pioneer though. They're pretty notorious for being noisy. Can you try a different HU?

Welp i just ran across an alpine deck that has 1 set of pre outs so im gonna hook it up and see if the sound goes away..

If anyone else has any more ideas i could use the help thanks.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.