Work with 1200watts

Participant count
  • Participant list
no........ i just wanted to know if there is a better sub out there for the sq. I havent heard every single sub in the world you kno. But if brahma is the best sub for sq with 1200 watts then thats all u had to say, not say that im running a popularity contest.

Honestly I would check into finding a Used Magnum or wait for the new ones at the begining of the year . I've had a few really good guys i know who've own both a XXX and Magnum and prefer a Mag hands down but that is their opinion but Mag is suppose to have some of the best SQ you can buy for a driver as loud as it gets.

XXX and Brahma, with the BL optimized motors, clearly output less distortion than the Mag. Not sure why that would translate into the Mag having better SQ. Perhaps it was the install(s), or simply personal preference. Some people actually don't like the sound of a BL optimized driver, as they aren't use to hearing so little distortion, it changes the sound from what we are use to hearing out of traditional drivers.

tempest is a dual 8 so it wires to 4ohms and it has a thermal rating of 750wrms, I imagine it could handle a little more but that JBL puts out only ~600@4ohms.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

JoseMCeee

10+ year member
$tack
JoseMCeee
Bay Area, CA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date