wood 6x9 door pods.

Participant count
  • Participants list
Right now I’m running them at 2 ohms on a Timpano 4 channel class D. Not my favorite amp honestly (it has a loud noise floor), but it does 200 watts x 4 at 2 ohms. I’m running active crossovers with a DSP. The CDTs are paired with soft dome Dayton audio tweeters.
Nice man.Hell ya, I myself would run just about any amplifier rather than no power at all,or bare min. off an HU. Its working and nothing wrong with that. I think those pods are going to sound fantastic man.

2EB961A8-1E8A-43DA-8D11-E5B1CE6386E2.jpeg

Yeah. Much much stronger midbass. They’re crossed over at 65 HZ HPF - 2500 HZ LPF. Nice sounding speaker. I do like CDT products. This is the second speaker that’s performed well now.

Nice work man. I did something similar in my VW. Three layers of 1" mdf. Then I had to body work them and give them the piano black treatment. The piano black treatment is a lengthy process. American Bass 6-½" midbass and Pioneer Pro Tweets.

Attachments

• 20220507_195233.jpg
    20220507_195233.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 17
Man.. You got those Jokers to fit!! Ill bet its going be louder up front and some nice thumping going on. How heavy are the doors to close now?? Awesome!! Straight out of the Box and Nicely fitted. I like it
It added 23 pounds to the door with pod and speaker. Since it’s close to the hinge side, I’m not noticing a difference. They barely fit. nearly hits the window inside the door, misses the door trim barely when I open the door. It was really tight but I’m glad I did it. Sounds miles better.

It added 23 pounds to the door with pod and speaker. Since it’s close to the hinge side, I’m not noticing a difference. They barely fit. nearly hits the window inside the door, misses the door trim barely when I open the door. It was really tight but I’m glad I did it. Sounds miles better.

How does that pod weigh 23 pounds? That seems about 15 pounds too much to me.

Yeah. Much much stronger midbass. They’re crossed over at 65 HZ HPF - 2500 HZ LPF. Nice sounding speaker. I do like CDT products. This is the second speaker that’s performed well now.
Very Nice man. Very Nice. I like my CDTs. Ive got a couple speakers and tweets back in( Twos sets of CDT tweets,a pair of CDT HD6,and Polk Audio DB Carbon Fiber 6.5s) but I cant wait to get everything back in my truck again. 😩 😩

Attachments

• 20220709_163716 (1).jpg
    20220709_163716 (1).jpg
    783.8 KB · Views: 24
Sweet.!! When my doors are full, most of the time they will close by themselves. I may add another hinge this next time to help with the weight. When the truck rearend and body are level, it takes some effort. It looks like it was a close fit man.LOL. I bet it sounds good for sure

Nice work man. I did something similar in my VW. Three layers of 1" mdf. Then I had to body work them and give them the piano black treatment. The piano black treatment is a lengthy process. American Bass 6-½" midbass and Pioneer Pro Tweets.
Dammned!! Those look Badazz. Even though Im not fond of Bullet tweets. Still looks good man

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...