wiring woes 4/8ohm diaster help a must

ok here is the prob i have a technics 8 ohm house amp and i use to run my alpine type e 12 inch 4 ohm svc and i get so much treble its sick!

i use a 10 band eq with gain control so that helps the bass output a million times yet its just a system till i get a car so not gonna spend that much at all on her i would love to find a low pass filter in the ebay/canada but it was all out of a lp filter eq that was at 8 ohms.

so gents what should i do ...i have all the set up for a car i have a rockford amp

with the lp filter ...some alpine type 5 1/4 type r door kicks with the crossovers and the silk dome tweeter...some older alpine 6 by 9's so i am not in a bad spot there....it will sound kick.

but i dont get the low lows i want and need a lp filter any hints from the pros?

Not too mention that most HT amplifiers are NOT stable below min impedance (vs. car audio).
I run my home amp below the min rated impedence.. i guess it's the exception to most amps. It's rated at 4 ohms but i run it at 2. I just put two 110mm PAC fans on it to keep it cool... ive played it for several hours on end without the heat sink fins even hinting at being warm. My amp puts out 250w @ 4 ohms rms. But if his amp does not have a crossover then he will need one... if you don't have any kind of extra cooling i wouldn't reccommend running it below it's rated impedence. Hey just get a second sub. and bring it up to ohms.

ok what about if i use the ground on my technics 8 ohm amp to run to the rockford 4 ohm will that do me any good? i dont plan to bridge the amp ....just more probs lol...

yes big time amatuer for wiring here...i love to learn about the properties of the plastics ..cermanics ..metals ...etc

...so my Q is....what will happen if i take the ground on my house amp and run the rockford off that...any probs guys?....and i am running the single 12 in a high output band pass so i really never even get my amp lava ahhahahahahh

Uhh... you can't run a sub or speaker off a "ground".

I assume your home amp is stereo, 2 channels? The only way to run a single sub would be to connect it to one of the speaker channels through a lowpass crossover. If you also have an 8 ohm speaker connected to that channel the total load will be 2.7 ohms and you're asking for trouble.

stop playing this sub off that amp. you do not know enough to make eggs, let alone run a SVC4 sub off a 2 channel 8ohm HT amp. how on earth will you run a car amp from a 'ground'? you are not making any sense at all.

you do not know enough to make eggs
I dunno....if he keeps doin' what he's doin', he'll end up cookin' something //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I know, it was corny......but I couldn't resist.

I dunno....if he keeps doin' what he's doin', he'll end up cookin' something //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I know, it was corny......but I couldn't resist.
You cant resist anymore then his home woofer... and thats the problem.

I know, it was corny......but I was reactive. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

You cant resist anymore then his home woofer... and thats the problem.
I know, it was corny......but I was reactive. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
LMAO //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

wow. mine was way funnier //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

you are two corny and... um... resistave bastards.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.