wiring with 2 amps??

Okay so I'm not really sure the best way to wire this system....

I have 2 dvc 4 ohm sound stream 15" subwoofers 1000watts rms and I have 2 hifonics 1200 watt monoblock amps stable and 1, 2, & 4 ohm

Now I was wondering if there is any way to get 1200 watts to each subwoofer? And if not is it better to wire both subs to 1 amp at 1 ohm or wire up each sub with its own amp at 2 ohm?

strap em and run it at 4 ohms bridged, you should have some more head room.

or you could have fun with your amps on 1 ohm bridged. (not recommended)

I have only one amp hooked up right now bridged at 1 ohm? How can I make both of them bridged at 1 if I only have 2 dvc 4 ohms?? And is it better off running two amps? I was just wondering how to get the most power too my woofers

I have only one amp hooked up right now bridged at 1 ohm? How can I make both of them bridged at 1 if I only have 2 dvc 4 ohms?? And is it better off running two amps? I was just wondering how to get the most power too my woofers
you can't bridge 2 amplifiers together.

you can wire each sub itself 2 ohm, then connect each one with it's amplifier.

but it's better to run one amp rather than 2 amps, also it's better to wire the 2 subs together rather than wiring each one itself

you want to wire the two subs together either 1 ohm or 4 ohm depending on your amplifier specification

i recommend to sell your 2 amplifiers and get a new one (1 ohm stable with at least 2500 rms rated @ 1 ohm)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.