Wiring up some old Aura Sound Amps

Participant count
  • Participant list

Mild Thunder

My first post here, so I say Hello to everyone.

In my boat, I have 2 Alpine Marine Subs, 10". They are rated at 300WRMS. I was using a old School Aura 340-A amp to drive them. The amp is a 2 channel, rated at 170wX2at4 ohm.s and 340wX1at4 ohm. The way I had them wired was each sub on its own channel. However, I was thinking of bridging the amp. The subs are single 4 ohm. I am pretty sure the Aura Amps are 2 ohm stable. Would I see better bass from the subs with bridging the amp and sending 340w rms to the sub vs the 170w they were getting?

Also, I have 4 Alpine marine 7" coaxials. I was powering them with a Aura 150-A amp. (50x2at4ohm)The speakers are 4 ohm. The amp was a 2ch, and I had two speakers off each channel, so the amp powered all 4 coaxials. This worked good, and the amp never shut off or anything like that. However, considering upgrading to a 340-A(same as sub amp). I dont know what this amp does at 2 ohms, but at 4 ohm its 170x2rms. Would upgrading to this larger amp clean up the sound?? Also, when wiring the amp this way, lets just say it put out 170x2at4 ohms. Would each speaker get 170W, or is it divided up between the 2 speakers running on the same channel? Not sure if that makes sense the way I am explaining it...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.