Wiring up a 2 channel amp

Participant count
  • Participant list

Patthehat033
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Missouri
Okay so I want to know if I can wire one 2 ohm dvc subwoofer to 1 ohm on a 2 channel amp?

Will this configuration still run 1 ohm at each channel? I have a Rockford T5002 it is 1 ohm stable at each channel.

r8ef09.jpg

would HIGHLY recommend not doing that. But I have to give you props on the attempt to paint it for us to see. Your best bet is to run in bridged mode, this is the only electrical configuration the amp is stable at in which both channels can be utilized for a single output. If you connect all of those channels together like that and they are independent of one another, ie they have differing voltage potentials your going to ruin that amp.

It can run at 2 ohm's bridged, but I need to run it at 1 ohm. I was thinking it would hurt the subwoofer more than the amp with the varying watts on each coil. But I think it would be such a small difference that it probably wouldn't hurt anything. I mean people do run each coil to 2 channels all the time not bridged. But with this set up would I be running 1 ohm still or would it change to a lower or higher impedance the way it is wired in the diagram?

People have done that before, running each coil of a DVC sub off separate channels. I would want to combine the inputs together somehow to be certain that the 2 channels are playing the exact same signal, but that's just me.

Well here I'll tell you the reason why I posted this thread. I am going to try and run 2 amplifiers

Rockford T5002 (Real wattages: 1000rms at 2 ohms bridged, and 500rms x 2 at 1 ohm).

Orion 1200d (1200rms at 1 ohm)

Can I run one amp at 2 ohms and one amp at 1 ohm? Or will that not work because the electricity won't travel like it should, because of the voltage drops?

If I can do that then this thread is useless. And I would be running both amps at about 1000 rms each.

You talking about those amps on 2 sep subs? Id sell both and get a single bigger amp
Yes on two different subs at the same wattage. And I would but it takes forever for someone to trade straight up for those amps, since no one wants two amps instead of one. And it takes forever to sell them as well, and then find a good deal on an amp just as powerful. So for right now I want to try and work with what I have haha.

And I can run them at 2 ohm with no problem, I just want to run them at max power.

Id have to say it might sound dif since tgey are 2 totally dif amps. Ya can come across a aq2200 for like 300. 2200 @1. Just a suggestion

Yeah that is what I was thinking, but I think I'll probably just try it and if it sounds like complete crap I'll look into getting one amp. And if it sounds great, well then I'm keepin' the set up, can't go wrong with 2 quality amps other than the space they will take up. But back to the main question. Can I run one amp at 1 ohm and the other at 2 ohms?

Alright so I'll probably just run them both at 2 ohms so no crazy **** happens haha. I don't have the subs yet but they will be the same exact subwoofers haha I'm not buying 2 different subs or that'll sound really funky.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.