Wiring up 3 w6's (D6's)

Participant count
  • Participant list

boomzabit
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Minnesota
Alright so i found a deal on some 12'' w6's which are dual 6 ohm.. If i wire them in parallel ill get 1 ohm whic is what i want.. However how many different wires will be going into the postive and negative terminal on my amp? Im assuming 3 into the positive and 3 into the negative?

BTW I havent bought an amp for these yet.. but it will be 1 ohm stable.

3_6ohm_dvc_1ohm.gif

I just picked up a kx 1200.1, the only think i dont like is the fact that this amp only has 1 set of + - outputs..

Im trying to figure out what way would be best to wire 3 of these? Could i wire them all and have that all go to one terminal?

Yup. Different ways of wiring them together, but one output from the amp, and then split it up. You could run all +'s to a stud on the box and all -'s to another stud on the box. You could run the + and - to the first sub, and jumper to the second, and then jumper to the third, so that each connection has two wires except the last one, etc. MANY ways to skin this cat.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.