wiring trunk battery to alt

Participant count
  • Participant list
Good question. If there is a front battery, then you will want to go there with that alt cable. Why send that power all the way across that wire to the back? Take the long run and go from that same fuse you were going to use for the alt and go right to the front battery. Then from the alt to the front battery (with or without a fuse on that wire). The fuse in the trunk before the rear battery still needs to be there though.
Does that make any sense?
I was just wondering why he was wanting to go from alt to back batts if there was a front batt??.. jus go from front to back
Yea I originally assumed his battery stock location was in the back. After re-reading it doesnt seem that way.

Yea I originally assumed his battery stock location was in the back. After re-reading it doesnt seem that way.
I have a battery in the front but I have extra wire so I want to add a wire for the alt to the back battery even though I already have a run of 1/0 from the alt to the front batt and another run on the pos from front batt to back batt then 1 more run from the neg on the front batt to the neg on the back batt

I have a battery in the front but I have extra wire so I want to add a wire for the alt to the back battery even though I already have a run of 1/0 from the alt to the front batt and another run on the pos from front batt to back batt then 1 more run from the neg on the front batt to the neg on the back batt
Exactly ..but what do u plan on gaining.by adding a run from alt to back batts?

Dbl post

Exactly ..but what do u plan on gaining.by adding a run from alt to back batts?
Basically less resistance. Some guys that have done it gained about .2 volts apparently. But I talked to mike singer about it also and he said he always does it

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.