Wiring switch to interrupt Audio Signal?

Participant count
  • Participant list

rogue
10+ year member

Hi guys-

I'm trying to figured out a way to get Line level input on my factory Chrysler 300c radio. I have the satellite tuner in the trunk and noticed the following diagram in the Service Manual.

satellitepinout.jpg

As you can see, the only wiring going INTO the radio is a line level signal with a common ground. I was thinking how I could wire a switch inline with this signal to cutoff the Sirius audio signal and interrupt it with an input device like an ipod. What sort of switches and electronics would I need to accomplish an interrupt like this? I'm good with a soldering iron, but something like this is beyond me...

Thanks for the help.

you mean, you want it to STOP transmiting the sirus, and switch over to an IPOD?

get a 2 position SPDT switch (3 posts, outside is sirus, other outside is ipod, and inside is common ground) or somthing like that,

mount under the dash. voilla.

i dont think thatd work because they cant use a common ground eh.. youd have to get a switch that has + and - on each side of the switch to change the signals if ya know what i mean... then just run the 2 +\- to the headphone jack on the ipod (or the little stand thingie) and flip the switch.

i dont really know if this would work... so be careful.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.