wiring sub

NELSON583
10+ year member

FLORIDA
i just buy 4 sub dvc 4 ohm 300rms watts each my problem is i have 1 amp two channel 2 ohm stable 300 rms x 2 how i put the subwoofers ? i like to use two sub. in each channel what you recommended inseries or parallel at 2 ohm

i'm having a hard time understanding what you said.....you have 4 subs??..and you have 1 amp.....well rarely will you ever run four subs to their potential with just one amp....the way it sounds...you should run one sub to each of the channels on the amp and only use 2 of the subs....wire each sub parrallel so you'll have a 2 ohm load and get 300 rms to each sub....if you want you can get another amp thats the same and do the same thing with that

hope this helped...if i was wrong about the number of subs or anything tell me and i'll try to correct my mistakes;)

well your correct........i'd suggest doing the same thing as well......going to be hard to acheive a 2ohm sterio load w/ 4 subs....dont think its possible....but im out of it so dont quote me on it.....

and even if you can manage to pull a 2 ohm load out of those subs....you won't be getting near enough power to get those subs sounding good....might as well get another amp or sell 2 subs....//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

good luck

ok guys i put the 4 sub parallel at 4ohm 2 sub.in each channel for now sound very good my amp is 500 watts rms good bass and the salsa sound good my amp is pyramid i now you go to say that piece shhhhhp. but for now work fine sound very loud for 69.99 is ok.

Originally posted by NELSON583 ok guys i put the 4 sub parallel at 4ohm 2 sub.in each channel for now sound very good my amp is 500 watts rms good bass and the salsa sound good my amp is pyramid i now you go to say that piece shhhhhp. but for now work fine sound very loud for 69.99 is ok.
glad that you're happy with your product..//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

You'd be a whole lot happier with a slightly more expensive amp..it'll give you real power, not what's stated on the heatsinks.

what about power acoustic amp the gotic is good. my frien have old power acoustic 2 channel power 4 sud. that shhh is loud you can not seat inside the car wen is 1/2 volumen

To Loserpunks reply, you can run 4 subs to one amp. I've seen it done a lot. I am going to be running 4 kicker comp vr's to my Lanzar 1500D, wired to 1 ohm. Each sub will be getting almost its full rms. Each sub will be getting between 300 and 350 RMS, recommended 15-400.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.