wiring sub at 1ohm

Participant count
  • Participant list
i have a rockford 1001bd amp and it is only stable down to 2ohm so would it hurt it if i tried running it at 1 ohm?
I'm assuming this is for daily driving...if so then yes it would not be good on your amp. If it were for SPL burps then it would not be a problem.

Your amp will eventually get tired and to hot burn itself up.

i have 2 of the 1001bd amps and if i use the bd sync cable to link the two amps together (their both rated at 1000 watts rms each at 2ohms) then i will be able to get 2000 watts rms at 2ohms and then i could deliver 1000 watts each to each sub then? i'm not sure if this is right so please let me know. thanks

i have 2 of the 1001bd amps and if i use the bd sync cable to link the two amps together (their both rated at 1000 watts rms each at 2ohms) then i will be able to get 2000 watts rms at 2ohms and then i could deliver 1000 watts each to each sub then? i'm not sure if this is right so please let me know. thanks
Yes, that should be right, if that's what the strapped reading is....

I'm not sure.

What subs are you planning on using?

They must be pretty nice for 1000 apiece.

i was deciding between 2 element design e 12a's or 2 re hc subs
Wow man, that's a tough choice...

The ED A's are going to win in sound quality, and the SPL is a toss up. The A's are a tad more efficient, so they may also be louder. I'm not sure about that though, the HC's get awfully loud. I do know that the HC's will have slightly more low-end output... they are monsters 40 hz and below.

which ever sub i get it will probably be going in a sealed enclosure because i have no room in my trunk for a larger ported enclosure. the box is 1.4ft^3 before sub displacement so which sub do you think would sound better with this setup?

when strapping 2 bd 1001 together someone told me that the amp will put out 2000 watts rms at 4ohms. this doesn't make sense to me because each amp is rated at 500 rms at 40ohms so where would the other 1000 watts come from? couldn't i strap them together run 2 dual 2ohm voice coil subs at 2 ohms and with the amps strapped together it would be a total of 2000 watts rms?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.