Wiring sub, and speakers with a 2 channel amp help

Participant count
  • Participant list

Brownmamba

I have a lanzar heritage htg257 amp. 2x500 watt rms @ 4 ohms. I also have two pioneer TS A16754r speakers rated for 50 watt continuous and 300 watt max. Currently, I have a pioneer fh x700 bt hooked up into the stock bose system into my rsx. I want to strip the stock system out, put the two speakers in the front and use the stock speakers in the back. I also want to buy and put in a decent sub, but don't want anything too powerful.

My question is about how to hook up the speakers and the sub. Could I just use one channel on the amp to power a sub and use the headunit to drive the 4 speakers. The HU is only 14 watt rms so would that be enough power? If not could I wire the speakers and the sub together in the two channels, which is suggested in the amp manual. View attachment 26552086

Could I use the amp to power the speakers, and maybe get a monoblock and a sub? I am on a tight budget as well since I am taking summer classes. Any suggestions would be welcome, thanks.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.