Wiring reality/overhype

Participant count
  • Participant list

TDot
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Bronx
This is about the wires going to door speakers and tweeters ONLY.

What is the reality behind this for average users (like myself, no competition) only looking to upgrade the system for sound quality? I see people on the forums talking about needing to run new speaker wires, but most of them that I see advocating it are either in relatively old cars, running competitions, or seemingly fanatics.

I was planning on doing this but TWO shops I went to said it's a waste (one of them I trust, the other has done other work for me before). Both I know have wired up cars for competition, and one of them---on my way to work I pass the shop---I see them running new wires in a car at least once a week, so I expect they have at least a little foundation in what they say. I drive an M35X. They both say that my wires are more than enough for my needs.

What are opinions here on this, I will be running 4ohms @ 60w RMS @ 10ft, probably wont even hit 45w RMS on average? The original was 2ohms, the watts I dont know but I'm always maxing the system and it is def less efficient, so I think I am easily running 50w through it. I just don’t want to waste my time doing unnecessary things.

Remember, I'm not trying to shake the block. Thanks for any help.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.