wiring multiple subs to one channel

Participant count
  • Participant list

moneyovabreezys
10+ year member

Sac
okay so hears the deal, i have 2 dd1008s and i wanted to run them to my ppi pc21400.2 for now, i have the 4 ohm dvc models, i was going to wire each of them down to 2 ohms but i wanted to wire them to the same channel, i was wondering if i did this would my amp still be sending them both what its supposed to at 2 ohms? one channel on my amp not bridged will do 700 rms at 2 ohms on 12 volts. and the idea would be to distribute that power between the two subs. any help is appreciated thanks.

i thought about that but even if i turn the gain really low i dont wanna risk blowin these subs so i figured itll be better to just use one channel at least i know i wont be feeding them more than 400 rms each.

well here are the specs:

2 x 350W @ 4 ohms

2 x 700W @ 2 ohms

1 x 1400W @ 4 ohms bridged

you can bridged them at 4ohm on one channel and get 1400rms...just turn the gains down. or run each sub at 2ohm to each channel seeing 700wrms each. I think you'll be fine just make sure bass boost and all that is turned off and adjust your gains to a safe level. plus after rise the subs will probably only be seeing about 500rms or so each

i appreciate everybodys comments but ive definitely thought about doing all of the above before i made the post, i was just wondering if i wire both subs to one channel will that change the load the amp is sending? or will both subs still get the ohm load i wired them to?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.