Wiring Help?

Participant count
  • Participant list
Originally posted by flatlandin_man2 I have 2 12" dual 2ohm subs. I want to run them off of my 4 channel 400 watt amp. I was wondering what the best way to hook them up would be? Any help will be greatly apreciated, thanxz.

What kind of amplifier. 2 ohm stable? Bridgeable?

Ok you have 4 voice coils. You could run a voice coil to each channel. 4 coils, 4 channels.

Can you bridge the amplifier? If so you could then wire the VC in series to make each sub a 4 ohm load. The bridge the amplifier on each sub. If it were mine I would do that.

you should bridge the amp into two channels, then put one woofer with its voice coils in parallel on each of the channels, this way you will be running both subwoofers at 2 ohms each and get maximum power. Warning, make sure the amp is 2 ohm stable in bridged mode, because just because its stable unbridged , doesnt mean its stable bridged at 2 ohms

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.