Wiring for subwoofer and amp?

BrandonBTR

Hello everyone I just joined

I have little to no knowledge in car audio

My question is what kind of wiring do I need for the subwoofer I have and amp

The subwoofer is a Clarion 10" Subwoofer 4 Ohms 900W Peak Power 300W Continuous power (just one sub)

The amp I am looking at is a Alpine 500W Class D Mono MOSFET with Adjustable Crossover, 300rms at 4Ohms

I have no idea what kind of wiring I would need to best support everything.

Also do I need wiring from the battery to the amp and then to the subwoofer?

Any ideas and suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

You can get a wiring kit from Walmart that'll support it. Once you get to high powers, you should upgrade, but 300 watts won't be a big deal. You have to run a power wire from the battery to the amp, a remote wire from the head unit to the amp, RCAs from the head unit to the amp, and a ground from the amp to a good, paintless part of the body of the car. Then, speaker wire to the subs and you're good to go! The kit will come with everything you need!

you just need an amp kit .most stuff you'll get at the big box stores will be junk.so either get one from one of the vendors here or search around the web for one

If you haven't purchased it yet, I would recommend knukonceptz.com

I asked the same question as you a few weeks ago, and a few of the guys recommended knukonceptz amp kits, so I went with that. Quality stuff!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.