Wiring for LCD in-dash

Participant count
  • Participant list

Sabestian

I am in the process of building a system in a 41 Ford Sedan street rod. A buddy of mine is a factory rep and gave me one of his sample in-dash LCD units. His company has decided not to rep it anymore and went with another brand. So what I have is a Cardio CT-102 in-dash 6.4 Color LCD Monitor. The sticker on the chassis says CT-102 and the face of the unit says CT-101, if it makes a difference. He had the box, but no directions or wiring harness. It has an 8 pin molex style plug. Here is what I have listed for it on the chassis:

pin 1 - Battery

pin 2 - no connection

pin 3 - P/Brake

pin 4 - ACC

pin 5 - no connection

pin 6 - no connection

pin 7 - no connection

pin 8 - P/GND

It also has one white wire RCA with yellow female, one red wire RCA with yellow female, and an orange wire. These three come out of an 8 pin DIN plug on the back panel.

Since there are only 2 or 3 companies making these things, I thought if no one had the same make, maybe they can at least identify the same factory type with the above description.

So here are my questions:

1. Is the pin 3 P/Brake triggered by ground or positive?

2. Are both RCA's video inputs (since yellow is industry standard for video)?

3. What is the orange wire for? Is is a triggering input or output? I guess output for a 12V DVD or such.

Any help on this would be a huge bonus. I will get pics on the web as soon as there is progress on the car. Thanks in advance.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.