wiring amp to speakers

Participant count
  • Participant list

hillzz22
10+ year member

Hey, I was previously running 2 Bazooka EL1204 off a Kenwood KAC829 2 channel amp. I've since bought a JBL BP600.1 and hooked it up (killer amp by the way).

Anyways, what i was wondering is this: I would like to hook the old Kenwood amp up to either my front or rear speakers, or both. I am running Infinity 652i coax in the front and Alpine 1629 coax in the rear. Both speakers are 6.5 inch coax and the Infinity's have a highter RMS and peak rating. Would it be better to hook the front or rear or both speakers to the amp? Also, how would I go about doing this? The amp is 2 ohm stereo stable if that helps at all. Also, can I use the power and ground leads and RCA's that i ran for the other amp, or should i use a new ground, etc.? Thanks in advance for your help.

-Aaron

just use the kenwood amp to power your FRONT speakers only. as far as wiring goes... you can jump the rca cords and the remote start wire from one amp to the other but you will need a seperate power source and ground wire. for power (depending on your current wire guage) you can add a distribution block in your trunk to split the power feed. you will also benefit from a cap for the bp600.1.

if you use a 2 channel amp to power both the front and rear speakers you will loose the ability to fade from front to rear. you really dont need to amplify the rear speakers anyway, they are just for "fill".

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.