wiring advice. . . . 5farad cap or PA capcell ??

peterk5679
10+ year member

hey guys

ok so here is the situation

just got my 12'' alpine type x , its gonna get 1100 watts rms and sit in a 1.5cu box ported to 32 hz with that im up grading to yellow top, a stinger one gauge wire going in to a distro and feeding the mono hifonics and 4 channel hifonics with 4gauge . . i know some say as long as yo u have a good battery i would need a cap but im gonna run one anyways just torn between 2 . its either going to be a stinger 5farad hybrid cap orr a POWER ACOUSTIK CAPCELL-400 BATTERY CAPACITOR ?? i really am not sure which to get . . im leaning towards the stinger all cause i dont know much about the cap-cell . does any one know about these ?

thanks

wassup peter there

I just wanted to let you know that for the tip that either would be great, but I would go with th PA capcell. The PACapcells are actually made of both batteries and capacitors (a few little ones put together). Example: the capacitor is basically a dump for power drawn from a battery and when the amp demands more power it is their for you my friend like a turbos blow off valve. Yet the cap has cycling times in which when drawn/demanded over a period of time (few seconds actually) it is empty and will need more seconds to refuel itself before the next note. Thus the amp will start drawing from the original or extra batteries. The capcell has a supply backing its own power dump for the amps demands. YESSSSS THE CAPCELL CAN BE DRAWN JUST AS THE REGULAR CAP YET IT WILL DUMP OUT VERY VERY SLOWLY AND IT HAS AN ALLMOST INSTANT CYCLE TIME. You will notice that the cap will drop its voltage reading from 13-0.0 in about 5-12 sec after a very strong continuous note, as for the capcell it may only drop about 2-5 volts on the same not e due to its small batteries connected to it.

PS dont worry about the PA haters they don't understand that PA is just a slightly lower grade of it's big brother Sound Stream.

From yours truelly .....And yes I am a licensed certified installer w/ my MECP SR. Monsoon

wow thanks , for now on hope you dont mind me commin to you with my questions and my ideas which i have alot of . . . . . haha. . . . im a nut when it come to my car audio ,i got ideas for days !!

thanks again !!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.