Wiring a head unit for home audio

I've used one in home with a 12v source like that but I went with one that provided up to 10amp.... I only used the pre-outs because if you use the amp in the headunit, it's likely to draw more than the amp rating on the 12v converter. The one you're looking at has a max draw of 2

I've used one in home with a 12v source like that but I went with one that provided up to 10amp.... I only used the pre-outs because if you use the amp in the headunit, it's likely to draw more than the amp rating on the 12v converter. The one you're looking at has a max draw of 2
The p99rs has a max voltage draw of 2A, no internal amp in the deck.

The p99rs has a max voltage draw of 2A, no internal amp in the deck.
I assumed that was the case (just thought I'd mention the amp draw) my old x911 drew about 3 or 4 amps I think and also didn't have an internal amp. I know most of the higher end units don't, but I didn't look the unit up so I thought I'd cover my grounds. I'd say you're fine with that one then. The only problem I had (and I'm pretty sure it was from the 12v converter) was a bit of humming.

Why? Just curious. I can only see it being useful for a test bench. Other than that, to power car audio inside? I'd rather get a plate amp or receiver with built in amp.
you just answered your own question,yes test bench,i have a 3500 watt HT so no i dont need to use it for that

I assumed that was the case (just thought I'd mention the amp draw) my old x911 drew about 3 or 4 amps I think and also didn't have an internal amp. I know most of the higher end units don't, but I didn't look the unit up so I thought I'd cover my grounds. I'd say you're fine with that one then. The only problem I had (and I'm pretty sure it was from the 12v converter) was a bit of humming.
I no likie the humming... lol

Done this way too... I actually think it's a better alternative since they are used to constant power (and changing power)Also... it's VERY simple to do.
yea very simple, Ive modded a couple to use around my house as well. Currently have one modded to run LEDs for my fish tank.

you just answered your own question,yes test bench,i have a 3500 watt HT so no i dont need to use it for that
Ah, I'd like a test bench but 80 amps? that must've cost a pretty penny? I see a lot of people make test benches with a good battery and one of those 'trickle' chargers on about 15-20 amps..

yea very simple, Ive modded a couple to use around my house as well. Currently have one modded to run LEDs for my fish tank.
Not a bad idea... I just through a blacklight on my fishtank, got some blacklight coral/plants and fish... looks pretty good. Some people said the fish might die or bleed? I've had it for quite a long time and no problem so far.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.