Wiring 5-Channel Amplifier

Participant count
  • Participant list

visvals

Hello all!

I'm new to the car audio community and am planning to install a new system in my car, however I had some questions regarding wiring. (Below I will list what is already installed in my car)

Currently Installed:

Head Unit (HU): Sony CDX-GT630UI [6-channel preamp outputs (front, rear, subwoofer)]

Front Speakers: Alpine SPS-610C [Components]

Rear Speakers: Alpine SPS-517 [Coaxial]

Last week, I got some work done at a shop in which they replaced my stock front/rear speakers with the speakers I listed above.

However I just purchased a 5-channel amp as well as an enclosed dual-10" sub and plan on getting this installed next week!

Recently Purchased:

Amplifier: Hifonics BRX 5016x5

Sub: Kicker 40DCWR102

Questions regarding wiring:

(I am a complete novice and know nothing about wiring; I will be taking my car to a shop to get things professionally installed however I want to know what wires I need to purchase)

I recently purchased an amp kit from Crutchfield (T-Spec 0RAK Installation Kit 1/0-gauge amplifier wiring kit — includes 2-channel patch cable and speaker wire at Crutchfield.com)

that contains the necessities to power the amp; however I am confused about the function of speaker wire + RCAs.

What does speaker wire connect to and what is its functionality? I am under the impression that I will need to replace all of the speaker wire currently powering my speakers, and install 5 new sets of speaker wire (4 for each of the speakers, as well a 1 for the sub totaling 5) and run this new set of speaker wire from each speaker and the sub to the amp. The kit I purchased only contains 12-feet of speaker wire. If this is the case, 12-feet does not seem to be a sufficient length to connect all of the speakers/sub individually to the amp, so will I have to purchase more?

Regarding RCAs, the amp kit purchased comes with one 2-channel patch cable. Will I need to purchase extra RCAs? I am under the impression that I will need 3 RCAs, (1 for my front components, 1 for my rear coaxial, as well as 1 for my sub).

If this is the case, I am thinking of purchasing the Stinger Si4612 (http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_38869_Stinger-SI4612.html) as it has 6-channels interconnected into one cable, labelled Front/Rear/Sub.

Any help that you guys can attribute to my situation would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.