wiring 2 FI BTL's to a 4KW

Participant count
  • Participant list
i knew it was wrong...ohms calculations > me

i have flipped through the VC wiring thread a bunch...but im obviously still not getting it...back to bcae1

It looks like you almost got the concept right

just remember theres 2x coils on each sub.

Forgot what the law said, but when somethings in parallel...

1/C1 + 1/C2 + 1/C3 ... 1/C(n) = 1/C(equivalence).

So each subwoofer has to resisters of 1 ohm each

1/1 + 1/1 = 2

take the inverse... = 1/2

So two voice coils in parallel with 1 ohm each have the equivalence of 1/2 ohm total.

Now when you wire resistors in series, you just had up all the resistance.

1/2 + 1/2 = 1 ohm.

That probably made no sense, but I thought i'd give it a shot.

i really wasnt sure about running the mojo at .5 daily...sure ive seen people say that they do it...but, im not sure i have the power to keep her breathing at .5...

You MUST have a ver solid electrical. Anything below 12V and those things are going to burrn. Just get 2 DVC 4s, or 2 DVC1s, and wire them to 1 ohm. Get yourself a battery or two, big 3, and consider a HO alt. But once setup, its gonna pound //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/yumyum.gif.0556df42231b304b9c995aefd13928a8.gif

If you need help, I'm always game (but I'm in Saint Pete) or pm bassaddictj, hes in orlando.

yea right now ive got an H/O alty at 190amps still have to do the big 3 and im trying to track down some hc2400's at a decent enough price...back setup is running off of a stinger sp800 right now...

are you saying get 2 BTL's with 4ohm coils? i didnt know they made such a thing, i thought they only did 1 and 2's...did i miss something? and i didnt think you could wire dual 1's to 1ohm, i thought that netted a load of .5ohms...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.