Wiring 2 amps

Participant count
  • Participant list

cbuts
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
i currently have 4 guage ran through my car.

the guy at future shop says that my panels may not fit fine if i run a whole 0 guage kit with having the 4 guage ran already.

would it be best to run them both from the battery or run 0 guage split into 0 and 4 guage?

ill be running 2 sa 12s, and a rockford fosgate 1500. and ill be buying another amp for my speakers, he says 4 guage will be fine enough for the sub amp, but do u think i should use 0 anyways?

can my amp hold 0 guage?

whats the best way to wire this?!

I have used a 4 ga run for two power hungry amp, such as the Audiobahn HCT 4125, and the 18001dt.I had no issues with 4 ga run, to a distrabution fused block to split my supply needed, I even ran a small battery for extra power surges .4 ga is fine with a dist block..Try to do the big three as well will be fine.Ther should be a thread on here for it.I think 4ga will be just fine,and save you some money ,as wiring has become quite expensive..In my opinion:D

refer to the amplifier owner's manual for wire size and fusing requirements. you can download it if you lost it. you didn't give us enough of a model number to determine and you should read an owner's manual before installing anyway.

as long as the 4 awg is properly fused at the battery for 125-150A, you can certainly try it. as you approach 100A of draw you will get noticable voltage drop along the 4 awg which means less power out of the amp. at that time you can upgrade to 1/0. but you don't run 1/0 under the plastic door sill panels - you route that wire along the floor. so yes, 1/0 will fit fine if properly routed.

You've already spent a good chunk of change on your subs and amp if you're going with sundown and Rockford... You should just go 0 gauge, it'll leave room for upgrades and allow enough flow. I guess in my opinion, why not just get the 0

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.