wiring 1 voice coil

magnumsrt8215
10+ year member

Can it be done on a dvc safely? I have a big problem I ned a sub that I can't find anymore and I have one that's a dual 4 but I need a single 4. Can I hook up the 1 vc put it in my sealed box with the other 3 putting about 2200 watts btween all of them and be safe? The car is not a daily driver, I don't do compitions and I don't listen to it really loud like that anymore. Can I pull this off and be safe?? Oh almost forgot to mention the subs are eclipse 8122.4. I can't find 1 aywhere and ben looking for 8 months

no you cant it changes specs on the sub such as bl and alot more!
huh?? for a better answer no because it causes cooling issues with the sub.. it will burn up.. youcan do it in a pinch but for a dialy driver no

You can do it. Sealed the T/S shift isn't as big of a deal as it would be ported. The powerhandling will be down, but not cut in half. Probably about 75% of RMS as a rule of thumb will still be safe.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.