Wireless Horn help

Participant count
  • Participant list

farmerehsan
10+ year member

144.6 db
Tampa
ok heres the deal.. i want to make my train horns wireless. i have a crimestopper 2 way alarm

http://www.crimestopper.com/alarm_2-way.htm

first one

and here is the manual..

http://www.crimestopper.com/techweb/InstructionBooks/Alarm/cs-2000dp2_tw2_c_ins_ops.pdf

now to make this easy.. i have the grey wire not hooked up and the solid blue wire not hooked up

i believe i need to use the grey wire..however it says to connect the gray wire to a relay..how would i go about doing this if i want to be able to hionk with my horn also?

GRAY WIRE: (-) NEGATIVE AUX REMOTE OUTPUT 1 (Optional, may require a relay)

Connect to the Negative trunk release circuit or to the activation circuit of an auxiliary module or device. If the

circuit requires +12V, then a relay is required. RELAY WIRING: Connect the Gray wire to terminal 85, connect

relay terminals 86 and 87 to +12V constant power. Connect terminal 30 of the relay to the +12V positive

device/circuit to be activated.

this confuses me... can anyone help?

Yeah, it's easy your grey wire is for hood or trunk sence. Most cars are going to have a postive hood and trunk switch. You can go buy a hood pin or you can use a relay to reverise the polarity. You will need to to have a seprate output wire inorder for this to work. You don't have to hook it up if you dont want to. If installed and someone opens you trunk or hood it will set the alarm off.

HoodPinSwitch.jpg

Now for the dark blue wire it is your aux output wire so you can set you train horns off. Are you looking to make the hors go off constantly or just burp it?

If you are wanting to make the train horn constant when you push the aux button on you remotte then this is how it will have to be wired.

latchonoffsp.gif

What this will do is when you hit the aux button on the remote it will send a momentary signal to the relay back and make it a constant output. Once you hit the aux button again it will tun it off.

**** bro ur the **** thanks alot.... i also want it to just chrip it like a quick blast....not constant.... or if i can... just make it go off as long as i hold it down..

i need to run it off aux # 1.. .and not aux#2 cuz # 2 will turn on and off... # 1 in just when i push it...am i correct?

if u look at the manual. it says grey wire is aux and dark blue is for trunk....

**** bro ur the **** thanks alot.... i also want it to just chrip it like a quick blast....not constant.... or if i can... just make it go off as long as i hold it down..
If you are wanting to chirp your train horns with the aux button then this is how you will wire it.
addremacc.gif
Use thia diagram for that then.

i need to run it off aux # 1.. .and not aux#2 cuz # 2 will turn on and off... # 1 in just when i push it...am i correct?
if u look at the manual. it says grey wire is aux and dark blue is for trunk....
Sorry I got my colors backwards also, aux two works the same way as aux one does. it is a momentary output. If you are wanting to make the horns plast longer you will have to do the momentary to constant output realy bank, you wont have to worry about it staying on . Once you hold down the aux buttom it sends a momentary output to the realy back turning to constant output. If you are still holding the aux button about 2-3 seconds later it will send another momentary signal tuning the relayy bank off, so either way you can controll how long the burst is for.

**** .. well im off at 4pm, if i have time ill hit u up, if not im off monday/tuesday so hopefully well get it done then haha

cuz really it only takes like 5 minutes per light..taking the tail light off literally takes more time then wrapping them lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.