Wire size for active crossover

Participant count
  • Participant list

NickPSI
10+ year member

I just got an active crossover and I was wondering what size wire I should use for my +12 power wire. I currently have an 8awg run from the battery to my PA amp [model in signature] which is rated at "740" wrms bridged at 4 ohms. I plan to add my alpine 3525 (Ampguts says: 2 x 60W @ 4 ohms, 2 x 80W @ 2 ohms, 160x1 @ 4 ohms bridged) and the crossover [which is in my sig]. Will I need to step it up to a 4awg run?

couldent hurt to step up to 4 gauge power run + ground...

but if you were asing what wire to use for the crossover, it should come with wire if you baught it brand new ... or the speakers for that matter... the kicker ks6's i had came with standard ole 14/16 gauge speaker wire (the same size as remote wire)

couldent hurt to step up to 4 gauge power run + ground...
but if you were asing what wire to use for the crossover, it should come with wire if you baught it brand new ... or the speakers for that matter... the kicker ks6's i had came with standard ole 14/16 gauge speaker wire (the same size as remote wire)
Well I didn't buy it new, I bought it second hand. And I think you are talking about passive crossovers.

You can run as little as 16 and some even run 18 ga power wire to an active crossover. It wouldnt hurt to upgrade to a 4 gauge run to the back and then run both amps and the x-over off the d-block.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.