Wire kits

danieldl
10+ year member

Hey,

I'm looking for a good wire kit to power my PDX-1.1000 plugged to my brand new Type-X. I actually have a 1 farad capacitor and some good quality 8-gauge wires and planning to get a good 4-gauge kit. Will it be enough or should I buy 2-gauge?

Is there any difference between a $40 kit on eBay an another $200 kit in-store?

Everything is plugged on my stock Toyota Yaris battery/alternator (which is about 80A I think).

Thank you!

Gauge 4 isn't enough? The guys on the subwoofer forums all said to get 4 gauge kit.

For the capacitor, why is it useless? My lights are still dimming with it but it's a little bit better with it. I thought a 10 or 20 farad capacitor would be the solution. A battery would take a little bit more space in the trunk, and I'm not sure I can plug it in directly to my car's battery without doing some electrical management.

Big 3 and all 1/0 wiring will be far more beneficial than that cap.
Well, is there anybody that can be really nice and explain me a little bit more why I need 0 gauge wires and no cap? On my Alpine boxes, it says to use 4 gauge. On the other forums, you guys told me that 4 gauge would me "more than sufficient". One line answer doesn't help me really much as you're all saying something different.

I wasn't really planning to get 0 gauge wires. It's so **** huge! Would there REALLY be a difference with 2 gauge? Or 4 gauge?

And I REALLY would like to know why I should get rid of my cap. If it's that bad, why is everybody buying these?

I really want to get real answers instead of "buy 0 gauge", "4 gauge will be more than sufficient", "get rid of your cap"...

4 ga is fine, people on here recommenced 0 ga when they barely run a set of co-ax

4ga will handle ~125amps of current

find a decent wire kit that you ,and that will fit your budget

I like kicker and Rockford

Knu if you are on a budget

17Ft 15.5mm blue power cable with 3/8" ring terminal

8Ft 9.5mm blue power cable

2 x 17Ft. clear RCA cables

20Ft. clear blue remote turn on wire

ANL fuse holder +250 AMP fuse

ANL Fuse power distribution block +2pcs 100 amp fuse

battery terminal

power distribution block

2x bright nickel ring terminals

2x18-22GA butt connectors

4x Bright nickel spade terminals

10x self -tapping screws

10x 6" cable ties

grommets

80 shipped //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif its more than u need and the cap since u have it should be fine. but a small 20ah agm is better than 100 1 farad caps and they are tiny 3 x 6 x 6 lolz

Okay, if 4 gauge is 125A, does it mean I need a 120+A fuse?

I was looking for this kit:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/POWER-ACOUSTIK-KIT-2G-2-GAUGE-AMPLIFIER-WIRING-AMP-KIT_W0QQitemZ140363316307QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item20ae4e3c53

It's 2 gauge but the fuse is only 80A, don't know if it's good or bad quality but it's not expansive. Anyone can tell me if it's good and more than enough for my PDX 1000? And then, should I keep my capacitor or get rid of it? I don't want my lights to dim too much, I'm open to buy a better one.

buy my last tsunami 4 gauge kit it will cost a little more to ship to you but it is a very good kit..for an extra 5 i will throw in a nice set of rca's..

Which kit are you talking about? I don't really need the RCA's, I already have a 8 gauge kit installed, I just need the power and the ground cables with the fuse-holder.

I can pay more to get an entire kit as it will be easier to sell my 8 gauge kit after but I won't get more than $20 from it anyway.

Tsunami 4 gauge kits on eBay sell with 60A fuse. Does it make a difference? There is one more expansive with 150A, but Tsunami specs are rating their kit up to 850W rms. It sounds like I would be better with 2 gauge.

buy my last tsunami 4 gauge kit it will cost a little more to ship to you but it is a very good kit..for an extra 5 i will throw in a nice set of rca's..
i like these kits. excellent quiality. i reccomend these over the other choices. cant go wrong with this one

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.