Wire kits

Having larger wire is always better... but I'd stay away from the car audio wire.. do yourself a favour and get some 2awg or larger welding wire.. it will be cheaper and more durable..

Keep the 1F can, but don't bother with the 10Farad+ carbon capacitors... they really are useless because of their high internal ESR and ESL...

Gauge 4 isn't enough? The guys on the subwoofer forums all said to get 4 gauge kit.
For the capacitor, why is it useless? My lights are still dimming with it but it's a little bit better with it. I thought a 10 or 20 farad capacitor would be the solution. A battery would take a little bit more space in the trunk, and I'm not sure I can plug it in directly to my car's battery without doing some electrical management.

Having larger wire is always better... but I'd stay away from the car audio wire.. do yourself a favour and get some 2awg or larger welding wire.. it will be cheaper and more durable..
Keep the 1F can, but don't bother with the 10Farad+ carbon capacitors... they really are useless because of their high internal ESR and ESL...
Thank you.

I have two questions about this. First, if I keep the cap, do I need 2 AWG wire to power it too or I can use a short 8 AWG one as it is no more than 3' or 4'? Second, my lights were dimming when I was running my Type-R at about ~550W RMS with my 1 farad cap and 8 AWG wires. I guess it will be worst at 1000W with 2 AWG, so, is there anything I can do about this issue?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.