Wire Comparison

and you sir are a fail troll
how's that?

While i don't necessarily agree with this blanket statement, there is some truth to it. This thread is great from a bend-ability/flexibility and price comparison but it doesn't take into account the primary function of a power cable... the power. The true test to a power cable is how much power it can handle by measuring impedance/resistance, loss over distance, heat rating (ie how much amperage it can handle before it gets too hot), etc..
There has to got be some electrical engineers or EE students on this board that have access to equipment that can test this. Those kind of test will show you which power cable can most efficiently handle the kind of power pushed through a 1/0 cable.

Great job otherwise, it's nice to see all these cables next to each other for a visible comparison.

Craig - Who will probably use KNU Kollussus unless someone can run some power testing and show otherwise.

All the wire besides a select few which 99.9% know about, will provide plenty of bendabilty for your install..

and I've done a real comparison on some a couple years ago..I dont have that data anymore though

in all fairness this thread is only a wire comparison not a load test.

In this thread all I have compared is flexability which is important to a fair amount of people

cost

diameters

and how much of the diameter is actually the jacket

plus a kind a thread count

with that being said if you look up a bit there will be a part 3 with a load test involved but for that to happen I will have to save up some more money so I can purchase about 50ft of 3 different brands plus I will have to purchase a load, say a 1000w 12v light. Now once I save up some cash I will be purchasing 50ft of :

KNU

Monster

something

and instrial 1/0 (which I have access to at my plant)

my source will be a 12v battery attached to a charger. I feel with 50ft of wire, a load (1000w) it should replicate how the wires will react in a car setting. so please everyone hold tight right now it is contract time where I work and things don't look good but I will know more once I get all set up.

If anyone else has an idea of how I can perform a load test please let me know your thoughts. and yes I have access to multimeters, timers, and clamp meters all of the fluke brand.

you did some load testing... this is what I need. I would like to know how you did this? How was your test for repeatability and how many brands did you check?

could you please drop me a PM and maybe we can put our heads together and get something that is worth while for my load test!

David.. Quit. I like you, but quit. Shok isnt the best. Russ may give you free wire, but there are other brands out there, and shok is.. at best in the middle of quality, price and performance.

Awesome information. I hate looking a gifthorse in the mouth, I wish I could see where AudioTechnix fell in there. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

thanks for the awesome information. recently bought 50ft of the cadence 0 ga wire believing them when they said it was 100% ofc. then I saw the wire in hand and realized it was cca. wish I would have read the entire thread before dumping $100. But, here is the good news. I contacted the ebay seller I got the wire from and they offered a $25 credit per purchase so $50 total or the option to return for full credit. Not too shabby. From ebay seller's email response: "We honestly advertised this with all the specs given from Cadence. I just emailed them and they told me that these cables are CCA and they are not Pure Copper."

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.