WinISD port length help

Participant count
  • Participant list
i'm pretty sure there's no way 2 slot ports are going to displace less than one large slot port (assuming they both tune the same), but i could be wrong.
i was just going to use one big slot port because:

more port area, gaurantee no port noise (my two 4" port idea might not be enough port area)

easy and cheap

alright, check these 2 plans i did...:

they have the exact same external dimensions,

width: 37"(35.5")

height: 16.5"(15")

depth: 18"(16.5")

wood thickness: .75"

but with 1 slot port i can make it only 3.3cu.ft NET(sub in the enclosure) @32hz with 40inch of effective port length

instead...

with 2 slot port, im able to squeeze 3.8cu.ft NET(sub in the enclosure) @30hz , each port having 20inch of effective lentgh

pics speaks for itself...

AND, i still have 60sq.inch of port area( (15x2)x2 )

only thing is I dont know any disadvantage of 2slotport, did someone already build a 2slot port enclosure and tell how was it, any port noise, weird sound out of it..etc?

thx yall

equal port area and half the length just doesn't make sense to me.

it is my understanding that if winisd say 40" that is for each port, not total.

please correct my if i'm wrong.

well generally when the port is smaller u need less length to tune lower... so it kinda make sense..

lets just wait for someone that know these stuff pretty good and could help us both and clarify this

check out the second post of the thread:
http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=168455

i think you'll better understand why you need two 40" ports.

basically boils down to, same total port area, same total length.
well wut he says is that if u have double the port area then it needs to be much longer... me its the other way im doin' it.. half 1big port, therefore, I need less length to get lower tuning, beside that...

i am probally late in this post, but i am pretty sure that both ports would have to be the length win isd states, not the length divided by 2. not 100% though, never looked onto a dual port box.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.