Winisd port length accuracy

Crank_It_Up

When using winisd pro to model an image dynamics IDQ 12 D2v3, box size just under 2 cubic feet, 4"x3" rectangular port (inside dimensions) it seemed like the port length of 20" was a little long. So I looked at image dynamics website, downloaded the specs, and then modeled it in a 1.5 cubic feet box with a 3" round port tuned to 30 hz. The port length was much longer with winisd than it was in image dynamics spec. Which one would you go by?

you are comparing a 2 cube box with 12" of port area to a 1.5 cube box with ~7 square inches of port. of course the port lengths are going to be different.

Port size/lengths that WinISD produces are quite accurate.
It's kinda hard to **** up an equation that's been constant for probably the last 30+ years.

Unless of course you put in the wrong numbers, then blame something else.

well say you go with the ID spec box size of 1.5ft^3 tuned to 30hz. should 1 use Ids recommendation of 3" round at 8.3" long or winisds rec. of 3" x 13" or a 4"x21"

you are comparing a 2 cube box with 12" of port area to a 1.5 cube box with ~7 square inches of port. of course the port lengths are going to be different.
My post was only 4 sentences, but you managed to miss sentence number two. Here it is again, hope you can understand it this time...
"So I looked at image dynamics website, downloaded the specs, and then modeled it in a 1.5 cubic feet box with a 3" round port tuned to 30 hz."

I compared the identical box size, port size, length, and tuning from Image Dynamics website to Winisd but found the port length quite a bit longer in Winisd. I did that to test the accuracy of Winisd's port length, taking for granted that Image Dynamics was correct. Now I can't help but wonder which is right and which is wrong? Is the Image Dynamics box actually tuned higher than 30hz, or is Winisd's port length incorrect?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.