window cranks???

Participant count
  • Participant list

Mercureie
10+ year member

Stay in S-C-H-O-O-L
ive gotten everything off my door panel exept the screw which looks like it is coming from the window cranks? neone know how to remove these? have tried jus bout everything:banghead: ive fel behind the actual handle part and i can feel a screw or somthin but there is really no good way to get at it:banghead: stumped again.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

mine i had to use a star bit screwdriver..or whatever those things are called. an allen wrench might work too. take a flathead screwdriver and pop off the cover of the crank first and u should be able to see the screw head.

A lot of cars use a horseshoe shaped clip that holds the crank on. It slpis on behind the crank and huggs it to the metal steam that the crank is on. Go the an automotive store and tell them you want a tool to remove a window crank, they'll know what you are talking about. Insert the tool, going in at it at the same drrection that the handle is. (Pic Below) Be careful, when it (the clip) comes off it will "spring" out.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.