Wind Noise, How to adjust setup for it?

bnevets27

Canada
I am looking fro some advice on how to setup my system to overcome wind noise. My windows will always be down and the stereo will always be competing with the wind. Is there a some things I can do to overcome the wind noise? Increase the tweeter levels?? Should my EQ be set in a certain way?

Any help will be appreciated.

Loud rear fill can do the trick. Run em off a separate amp/toggle, so you can turn them on when cruising down the highway with the windows down. That's what I do...

Not sure as you will always have some wind coming though your windows.

Like Azbass said, don't try to compete with it as you will lose when you start turning things up.

Also I take it you got those MB's in there? I never had a problem with the wind over taking those. Hell they were almost too loud for me. You have them hooked up correctly?

I am looking fro some advice on how to setup my system to overcome wind noise. My windows will always be down and the stereo will always be competing with the wind. Is there a some things I can do to overcome the wind noise? Increase the tweeter levels?? Should my EQ be set in a certain way?
Any help will be appreciated.
if your running your speakers of your hu you need to get a nice amp.

I'm mounting the mb's right now. I know I'm underpowered and need an amp. But that might not be for a little while. Rolling up the windows up isn't an option, no ac...

I was just kinda wondering if there was a certain frequency or something the wind noise effects more??

Also I have +3db/0db tweeter switch in the rear and -3/-6/-8 db option in the front with the mb quarts. Want to chose the settings now because I can't get the them later

What should I set these at? I know its probably specific to my car so I need to do it myself but I don't really have any idea. The car is a 2 seater... pontiac fiero to be exact..

I'm mounting the mb's right now. I know I'm underpowered and need an amp. But that might not be for a little while. Rolling up the windows up isn't an option, no ac...
I was just kinda wondering if there was a certain frequency or something the wind noise effects more??

Also I have +3db/0db tweeter switch in the rear and -3/-6/-8 db option in the front with the mb quarts. Want to chose the settings now because I can't get the them later

What should I set these at? I know its probably specific to my car so I need to do it myself but I don't really have any idea. The car is a 2 seater... pontiac fiero to be exact..
Yeah, you really need to get an amp ASAP to make those shine. I never heard them not amped, so I don't really know how loud they are, but can't be too loud.

I **** at hooking crossovers up, so maybe someone with more expierence can help you on that. Don't get frustrated with those speakers though until you get an amp on them. They do get loud and sound good.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.