Win isd peaky response, error on my part?

Participant count
  • Participant list

jlund10

CarAudio.com Newbie
US
designing a box for a crossfire c7 10" plan on using the recommended 1.5 cf volume and tuning to 35 hz.
when i modeled the sub i noticed its ridiculously peaky unless i lower the volume to like 0.8 cf which is insanely low for a ported 10

Where did i f up? could a small mistake in the parameters be the cause?

You can't take winisd too seriously, and sometimes you can't take some woofer's t/s too seriously. Don't depend on that program for it's DB response. It can give you an idea of a rolloff, but I wouldn't worry about that peak too much.

You can't take winisd too seriously, and sometimes you can't take some woofer's t/s too seriously. Don't depend on that program for it's DB response. It can give you an idea of a rolloff, but I wouldn't worry about that peak too much.
thanks probably just gonna go with the manuals recomendation

Winisd is not accurate below 50hz because it cannot calculate vehicle transfer function aka cabin gain. Use bass box pro 6 instead. Its not a free program however.

Winisd is more for home theatre applications where transfer function is minimal.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.