Will two 10's hit in my regular cab?

chevypwr
10+ year member

I was at a dealer today, and they said that I will never get subs to sound like a conventional box because of limited space in my cab (whatever that means). Is this true? I didn't like hearing that at all. I still don't know what subs I'm gonna use yet, JL maybe or diamonds.

I know nothing about systems but I'm learning.

In a regular cab truck, you can get simple equipment to sound really good, in my experience, anyhow. I once installed a JL e4300 (Pretty sure that's the model) 4 channel e series amp, nothing powerful. The front 2 channels were wired to some components, and the rear 2 were bridged running to 2 Rockfrod Fosgate Punch stage 1 12 inch subs. Really cheap subs. They were each in a sealed enclosre.

This was in a regular cab Chevy Silverado. The bass response was amazing though. Surprisingly loud for the wattage that was used, and hit every note.

That being said, I recommend you take measurements and see what size enclosure you can fit behind the seat. This will lead you to what subs are available to use.

Let us know how much room you have and we can help you out more.

ive ot 2 10w6v2's and in a custom ported box. and they wang
Man if you downfired that about 1.5" from the floor it would be soo loud. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif

Wow you guys are fast at responding. My measurements (really rough) are 5 3/4" at bottom floor. Max height is 14" tall and top is only 4 1/2" wide at most.

Should I try and build to contour my floor and get more volume? My transmission hump is big ha!

rockford p1's are the best sub at that price no doubt. i had have them in my ext cab and they pound. back window rattles to hell though. gotta fix. anyway im upgrading to two type rs

im gonna be happy lol

that is plenty of room for a decent box. i suggest you find a new installer. maybe someone to get you a fiber glass box back there and get you all your airspace. i would recomend you get two 10 and seal it. as for what subs to give i would search for subs with lowest air space. mtx doesn't need alot and it is plenty good enough to have a bumping stereo

cab is better than a trunk car, you'll be fine.
can you elaborate? not saying you're lying but i just got an ext cab and im looking for a nice single sub setup as well with my hd3. yes, by switching from a trunk to a truck, the notes sound better to me. but its quite different from a trunk car to say the least. i felt that the pressure is not there as much as i anticipated. i was hoping for ear popping loud.

rockford p1's are the best sub at that price no doubt. i had have them in my ext cab and they pound. back window rattles to hell though. gotta fix.
im gonna be happy lol

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/slap.gif.87520e8ca8e90076ac30e777c0de5331.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.