1 or 2 idmax's

00maxima
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
mass
what would be better for overall sq, i want hard kicks and rock, but also want some output, one 12" idmax in a 2.5cu ft ported box tuned to 28hz with a toned down 1600 watts rms, or two 12" idmax's in a 2.5cu ft sealed box with 500rms each? any input would help thanks.

ive run two idmax's and they knocked hard!!! I only had about 1000 watts going to each of them and they sounded awesome, you wont need 1600 watts going to it to make it sound awesome, that would probably be too much in a daily driver application(Im assuming this is going in your DD), I never sealed mine, they were always ported(Eric from ID gave me a box design and it was awesome) I always wanted to try them sealed but I sold one, so now Im gonna have to go ported, good luck with it---Dinty

ya i have two but had to send one in for a recone, so i have one running carefully off of 1600 watts and was wonder if i should go ported and sell the other one.

oo that *****, you sent one in for a recone, you might as well build another box and run it, youll be waiting for awhile to get it back, dont get me wrong, I love ID's products but their return time on a recone *****, theyre great guys and their products are awesome but recone time *****, I had one reconed and I waited so long I just bought another one to install haha, it was about 8 months before I got mine back, which *****, Im sorry to say that too, either way you cant go wrong . . .

hmm go with tow ported if u have the space //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif if nto two sealed over one ported

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.