Will This Let The Smoke Out ?

Participant count
  • Participant list

VintageGeorge

I'm building my van (2000 Ford Conversion 6 speaker system , tail doors disconnected) system in stages as finances allow, my plan is to replace the stock 1.5 din with this :

Pioneer DEH-X8700BS CD receiver at Crutchfield.com.

I like the minimalistic look of it and for the BT. Plus its SiriusXM ready. My concern is the HU states to only use 4 ohm speakers, Uhoh I have these already installed mid van :

JBL GTO628 360W Max 6-1/2" / 6-3/4" 2-Way Grand Touring (GTO) Series Coaxial Speakers with 1" Mylar-Titanium Tweeters, Patented Plus One Woofer Cone and 2 ohms Impedance

Thinking about these for the front doors :

Infinity Reference 6030cs 6.5" Component Speakers

I see both of these speaker sets are 2ohm and I'm worried about damaging the new HU if I power them from the internal amp. It will be a couple months before I can afford a decent 4 channel amp. So is this a bad idea ? Thanks for looking !

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.