Will this hurt anything

I am already running two amps off of one remote wire.
All you have to do is run your remote wire through the fuse box and put the fuse in over the wire push it in tight you'll be getting 10 amps of remote turn on way more than enough power to turn on your amps and fans without hurting a thing don't listen to the people that want you to spend more money trust me dude you'll be just fine the remotes don't pull many amps I've ran four amps at once without a problem for years run one 18 or 20 gauge wire strait to your trunk and twist all the remote wires together in your trunk together then put the fan ground in with your ground wire into the amp and your power from your fan with your remote into the remote on your amp your good no problem and saved 50-75 bucks easy fix

I am already running two amps off of one remote wire.
All you have to do is run your remote wire through the fuse box and put the fuse in over the wire push it in tight you'll be getting 10 amps of remote turn on way more than enough power to turn on your amps and fans without hurting a thing don't listen to the people that want you to spend more money trust me dude you'll be just fine the remotes don't pull many amps I've ran four amps at once without a problem for years run one 18 or 20 gauge wire strait to your trunk and twist all the remote wires together in your trunk together then put the fan ground in with your ground wire into the amp and your power from your fan with your remote into the remote on your amp your good no problem and saved 50-75 bucks easy fix

will the remote have enought to power it?, so with it connected to the amp like that, is that going to be ok?
A fan will be way to much for the remote and probably burn out the HU remote circuit. I would run a new wire from switched power in your dash like the radio power circuit. It'll be fused already and be safe. Either that or you need a relay.

You can do a push pull amp rack and just wire the ground to ground and power to remote on the amp it won't hurt nothin and will turn off with the amp there's plenty power for that fan they only run off .5 amps your fine without spending money on a relay
Most head units supply a maximum of 500 milliamps (.5 amps) of current to the amp remote circuit, so if you connect a 500 milliamp fan and one amp, you've exceeded the current capacity of that circuit. Not to mention, most amplifiers draw more current on that circuit when the fuse blows so if that happens in your scenario, you're almost guaranteed to damage the head unit.

OP... relays and fans are very inexpensive, especially in comparison with head units. The safest and best option for you is to use the amp turn on circuit to power a relay only and then use the relay's switch to turn your amplifier(s) and fan(s) on.

Personally, I've never bought a relay in my life. My Dad owns a salvage yard and I've collected a lifetime supply of relays from junk cars. If you know of a u pull it yard in your town they will most likely sell you a handful of relays/fuses for a minimum charge (typically $5.00 in my area). Or, if you know of someone who has a junker sitting around, ask if you can rob a relay from it. They're usually in the engine compartment in a small box with fuses.

But... even if you have to buy one at a retail automotive supply house, you're still buying some very important insurance against head unit damage.

If you're uncomfortable with wiring a relay from scratch, do what bhsdriller did and buy one with a pre wired harness.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.