Will this be to much to handle????

first off i would stop now while your ahead. If your amp is killing your battery right now, don't keep playing it, you will fry your amp from under voltage.

second, the cap isnt really going to help. The alternator puts out the power, the battery stores it. now if your exceeding the output of your alternator with that amp, and obviously you've drained the "storage" (as you've said its killing your battery) then not only are you not getting the 2000 watts out of the amp cause you cannot supply enough amperage from the alternator, but your risking frying your output fets in your amp.

now, if you even dream of running TWO of these amps your going to need some serious power from an High output alternator, when your pushing 2000 watts of power your pulling 148 amps @13.5 volts(which your not doing 13.5 volts) so @ 4000 watts in order to come close to maintaining a decent voltage your going to need at least a 300 amp alternator, and 2 batteries, with a few runs of 0 gauge wire and the big three in 3/0 wire.

I am imagining you have not even done the big three upgrade yet, considering you think adding a capacitor will help you in your electrical issues(and it wont). Start with not using the amp, put it in the garage, use a smaller more "electrical" friendly amp for now, and pull out the 2000 watt when you've made some improvements on your electrical system.

watch this video,

last thing you want to do is fry that amp, then spend 150 or more fixing it. I blew a Rockford 15002 this way, amp pulls around 200 amps of current, i have a 120 amp alternator, one day the amp stops working. STAY AWAY FROM THE CAPS

I think we need to get back to the cap and how soon it will be installed................THAT is going to clear up a lot of his issues.

well the cap MAY help in the dimming of headlights, but like explained by op, it literally killing his battery. do you really think even a 20-30 farad capacitor will clear up an issue as bad as this? also, as crazy as it sounds, he wants to add Multiple 2000w amps, with just a cap.

I am doubtful a cap will fix this issue.(why spend all this money on 3-4 caps, when you can gnerally get a decent ho alternator for 300$) if this were the case, then why don't you see caps in competition vehicles for spl? generally you see a huge bank of batteries, and i can guarantee an HO alternator. IF it were that simple, then everyone would just skip the HO's and the multiple batteries and get banks of caps, which i am sure only an idiot would do.

but if you like the smell of burnt mosfets, then go ahead, keep running your amp at 10 volts until your car stalls.

well the cap MAY help in the dimming of headlights, but like explained by op, it literally killing his battery. do you really think even a 20-30 farad capacitor will clear up an issue as bad as this? also, as crazy as it sounds, he wants to add Multiple 2000w amps, with just a cap.
I am doubtful a cap will fix this issue.(why spend all this money on 3-4 caps, when you can gnerally get a decent ho alternator for 300$) if this were the case, then why don't you see caps in competition vehicles for spl? generally you see a huge bank of batteries, and i can guarantee an HO alternator. IF it were that simple, then everyone would just skip the HO's and the multiple batteries and get banks of caps, which i am sure only an idiot would do.

but if you like the smell of burnt mosfets, then go ahead, keep running your amp at 10 volts until your car stalls.
sarcasm.jpg

1. Ditch cap.

2. Get your electrical up to par for your current setup before attempting to add any more amps (HO Alt, batts & Big 3).

3. Once your electrical is up to par for your current setup start thinking about possibly another amp and another batt.

4. More subs doesn't always equal better. Make sure you have the proper air space for the subs.

5. Upgrading electrical is not cheap. Prepare to spend a good chunk of change.

6. Don't pay attention to "Max Watts". The RMS rating is what you want to pay attention to. If you are significantly exceeding the RMS rating of your woofers you will have to be very careful. I would not run any more than 800-1000 rms per Type R, unless you really know what your doing.

7. Set amp/amps properly with a DMM. If you are unsure how to achieve this, do some reading or find someone that knows how to set gains.

8. If you do end up running multiple amps, you will want them to be strappable or you will want to gain match them.

Hope this is useful information. I am giving you honest answers and hope you take them into consideration.

OK..... I do not plan on adding any more amps on JUST A CAP that is later down the road!!! when i do get the other amps I'm adding 2 more batteries (3 altogether) dual 300 amp alternators, and i was working on the big 3 before the first person said to do it i was just waiting on my terminals to arrive my cap should "should" be here Monday but well see how that goes...lol........ Also i don't want a 4000w amp i want to stick with Alpine i have used their equip. since i was a teenager and have

N E V E R had any problems!!!!!!!!!!!! I am only going to go with 2 more amps so I believe the 3 batts and dual alts will be sufficient seeing how i have friends run more amps with higher watts with less equip(caps,batts,ect...)and have no trouble. After I put the cap in i will re-post and let everybody know if it helped at all (by the way i just got my big 3 done at like 3:00 in the morning..lmao)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, still trying to figure out who started the ish about R's handling high power. Must have been all these noobs with amps with exaggerated power ratings..............

if you want some help call me i wont make fun of you like all the douche bags on here half of you were just as dumb back in the day there a reason i dont go on this website no more got sick of douchebags that know everything but wont teach a newb 216 347 0700 names derek

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.