Will this be to much to handle????

MidnightBlaz3
10+ year member

Florida
I currently have 3 alpine 15s dual 4 ohm and 1 Alpine 2000w class D mono amp. They kill my battery when it hits hard but i have a 10 farad cap on the way that should eliminate that. My question is i want to add 2 more of the alpine 2000w amps is it possible to add them to the 3 subs i have or should i just go with 1 more,or...........put 1 more,get another sub run 2subs on each amp at 4ohms (1500w rms) im a little confused on what to do i want to stick with the alpine amps instead of going with a 1ohm stable amp (really dont want a mixed up system) I am currently pushing the hell outta those 3 15s with the 1 amp running at 2.6 ohms or close to it anyway but i really want to flex the glass lol i dont want to go with a 20000 watt system but i do want to have some serious bass at least enough to pull a hair trick lmao! Any help or info will be greatly appreciated.

its there newest 1 i love it thats why i want to know if i can add another 1 or 2 to the 3 subs i have now if the subs are 2000w peak i figured i could turn the amp down a good bit but get the TRUE power they deserve!.....um.... the model is MRP-M2000

So you want to have three amps to wire to four subs? Might as well run four amps and four subs, that way you could run the amps at 2ohms each and get 2k each out of them. Anyway, time to go to bed.

failboat.jpg

That cap you have on the way will ease the pain your battery's going through but it will help fry your alternator when you keep cranking the volume up. You need to hit up Google and find a high current alternator, and get at least one secondary battery for the amp. Especially since you want to add 1 or 2 more amps, additional batteries and a high current alternator are a must. You are going to be pretty far from doing any hair tricks if you don't have lots of current on tap.

They kill my battery when it hits hard but i have a 10 farad cap on the way that should eliminate that.
So you have 1 single amp, and that kills your battery....

and you are plan on adding 2 or 3 more amps of equal size, and you are hopping a capacitor will help?

You will need a much more powerful alternator.

to the last post no i know the cap wont help the additional amps just the 1 tht i have now i plan on get two yellow optima batteries,and a high current alternator with the purchase of the other amps dont get me wrong it PUMPS now i mean it does the cup trick and makes it hard to even breath i couldnt believe the power it gets now but it has power spikes.THATS what im hoping the cap will fix! (its hits hard but every now and then it f*****g HITS) Im not tryin to implode my windshield or anything just tryin to maybe place 3rd at the local db drag lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.