Will they fit?

Participant count
  • Participant list

microhaxo
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
MINNESOTA
I just got a pair of MB Quarts on ebay, 116's nothing special, but im concerned that they wont fit at all.

The car came with Premium speakers, and i replaced the back 6x8's but didnt mess with the fronts because they actually sounded good.

Well anyway, crutchfield says that my car takes 6.5" speakers for the front doors. So i ordered the speakers and i get them Thursday, but i am SERIOUSLY doubting that they will fit at all..

Tonight i hit up best buy and their fit guide says that 6.5" will not fit my car and that 5 - 1/4 " will..

Sonic says 6.5" and again im thinking how bout no..

So...

Since i cant call ford at this moment, what do you all think?

I have a Ford Taurus LX 1995 The original deck said Automatic on it, not sure about original speakers, they say "Premium" on the panels.

here is a picture of my driver side door. (you will see why i think a 6.5 will not fit.)

Also i didnt want to rip apart my door without the speaker being present (ford is a ***** when it comes to the clips for the door, they break easily and are expensive for this model , universal dont fit.)

http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/1268/img1379a.jpg

Car has digital climate controls and leather interior with aluminum rims. Different from other fords.

If you read my post entirely you would see that i said i get them Thursday, maybe i wasn't super clear on that. I dont have them till thursday.

grinder / shears / jigsaw / baffles. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.