Will there be a sound diff?

ryanbssc29
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
I was wondering if there would be a sound diffrence b/t:

2 12' Dual 4ohm Kicker L5's powered by a Hifonics BX1500

2 12' Dual 4ohm Kicker L5's powered by a KX1200.1

I was told that hifonics amps tend to be overated in power so i figured by getting a 1500 wat amp i should get around 1200+. I also heard that hifonics are fairly low end ( which is evident by their price) and i was wondering if there would be a noticible sound diffrence a good amp the Kx, and the cheaper 1.

That was my KX1200.1 that did the 1490w. I've seen birth sheets with ratings as low as 1300w and as high as 1510w. I was very happy to see the 1490w on that piece of paper. LOL.

Definitely go with the KX1200.1 if your budget isn't too tight. I actually bought mine to stay on a budget. I was considering the more expensive amps from Zapco, Diamond Audio, etc. You can get the KX1200.1 for less than $400 shipped on eBay. I think that's a steal for the actual power you're getting. If you're dead set on spending less, then I guess the Hifonics would work. I think their true output is closer to 1000w RMS, so they are rated well beyond the actual output.

I say go with the Kicker. Of course, I'm not a fan of Hifonics after what has happened with that comapny. They were a top quality amplifier brand when I was into this hobby as a teenager. I had an old school Boltar that was pretty darn mean. My friend still runs 4 old school Zeus amps in his vehicle today. I was very disappointed when I started doing my homework on the current status of car audio and saw the cheap prices and lower quality of Hifonics amps. Hifonics was actually the first amps I started pricing.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.