Will the midrange be drowned out?

I put these in the doors of our stock Audi A4, replacing the stock paper (crap) ones that it came with. I did one and then compared right away. The stock one is more efficient (it gets louder at any given volume level). BUT this is MUCH better sounding. Once I replaced the other side, it sounded much better. The speaker allows me to turn the volume up all the way on the radio and does not distort. Of course, when I came back from my short ride and pulled into the garage, the wife thought Eminem was going to walk through the door. LOL

I would say dayton full range 4s I just don't think the founteks will perform that much better to be worth it. You'd be surprised the daytons always perform above their cost expectations.

Awesome! I guess that settles it! Now for the rest of the crap I need... Trying to narrow down deadening and everything related.

So if I mount the Daytons in the Q-form kicks I got, what all should I do to them, deadening on the Qs and behind on the metal and some egg-carton foam behind drivers? Will that work good?

Yeah I might put the mids somewhere else you wanna try to expand you're sound stage as much as possible for a nice sound keep some height and a lot of width. I think that really makes for a nice sound stage. Kicks, A Pillars, Dash, Door, all good places for anything just usually easier to put like tweets in the A Pillars Mid range on the doors or dash, and midbass in the kicks. spend the most time figuring out where to put the tweets, maybe even hook up all the mids and see how it sounds and where you want the tweets to come in from. Then dont mount them just wire them up and move them around a little bit and hear around see how they sound. You should take the most time and attention to where exactly you mount everything, then take attention to dynamatting behind the speakers for me foam doesn't do much just make sure you have good sealed areas for your mids to reside in.

Yeah I might put the mids somewhere else you wanna try to expand you're sound stage as much as possible for a nice sound keep some height and a lot of width. I think that really makes for a nice sound stage. Kicks, A Pillars, Dash, Door, all good places for anything just usually easier to put like tweets in the A Pillars Mid range on the doors or dash, and midbass in the kicks. spend the most time figuring out where to put the tweets, maybe even hook up all the mids and see how it sounds and where you want the tweets to come in from. Then dont mount them just wire them up and move them around a little bit and hear around see how they sound. You should take the most time and attention to where exactly you mount everything, then take attention to dynamatting behind the speakers for me foam doesn't do much just make sure you have good sealed areas for your mids to reside in.

I was under the impression that midrange Fqs rely more on the direction they aim than midbass therefore my plan to put midrange in kicks facing at me more than the doors which point at my shins...? Additionally, I understand that it is pretty difficult to make q-forms a good home for a midbass speaker because they are not as rigid, and they can't be reinforced and deadened properly as easily as say a door can be.

And yes. This will be an active setup.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.