will I need a HO alternator?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Giovanni15
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
ok this is going to be my next setup. brand new Fi Q 12 in a custom ported box tuned to around 32hz. it's going to be powered by a new hifonics brx2000.1d. setting it to 15000rms with a dmm. I drive a saturn vue 2003. 125 amp alt I believe. if I do the big three and add an extra battery to the back, will that be enough or will I have to have a HO alternator? my last system was 2 12 AQs on a fosgate p1000bd and it made my lights dim pretty good but I didn't have the big three or an extra battery. any advice is much appreciated!

ok this is going to be my next setup. brand new Fi Q 12 in a custom ported box tuned to around 32hz. it's going to be powered by a new hifonics brx2000.1d. setting it to 15000rms with a dmm. I drive a saturn vue 2003. 125 amp alt I believe. if I do the big three and add an extra battery to the back, will that be enough or will I have to have a HO alternator? my last system was 2 12 AQs on a fosgate p1000bd and it made my lights dim pretty good but I didn't have the big three or an extra battery. any advice is much appreciated!
No big 3 good agm under the hood and a big agm in back will suffice

You're gonna wanna start with a upgraded agm underhood batt and big 3. Then add a 2nd batt if needed
which one would you recommend? running really low on $$ since I bought the sub amp wire and still have to buy the box.

how much will those two batts run me? so I cant keep my stock battery up front and just buy one for the back?
Go to sams and gt the duracell agms the ine up front will cost 115 and the big one will be 170 good idea to get the second one esp if u plan on upgrading in the fuure

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.