Will a "splitter" cause problems with amp input impedence??

Participant count
  • Participant list

Uncle Snake

Vt
Gear involved:

Kenwood KDC-x898 using front rca outs(rear door speakers on deck power)

Stinger blue RCA cables(everywhere) run to AudioControl Epicenter. From Epicenter to EQL. Outputs from EQL got thru "Y' splitters, one set goes to JL amp for fronts, other set goes to NEW FSD700 which feeds Boston Acoustic Pro12.4LF(old standby, recently refoamed but not relative).

Prior system was the same with JL amp(4 channel) feeding the fronts and bridged pair to same sub. Approx 140 watts according to JL.

I'm more SQ then SPL.

Last friday the shop added the Epicenter and FSD amp. FSD should make a min of 250rms at 4 ohm. I've got the FSD gain maxed and its not as loud as the JL with the gain set just passed the middle.

I'm wondering if the splittter is effecting the output from the EQL to the FSD but not the JL as the front stage is the same as before.

xovering, if that's a word, is being done by the amps if that matters.

Previously the EQL output went straight to the JL amp and the signal was split there.

Any input would be appreciated.

Splitters do not change anything input wise. The source will still feed the amp the same preout voltage.
Thanks! Ant thoughts on on why I have less output with 100watts more RMS? We ran a length of 4ga back from the battery to replace the 8ga the JL had originally/

Oh, my thought was having two amps parallel off the EQL may cut the impedance in half half for the amps. JL doesn't care, FSD does. I do appreciate your input. -Jake

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.